"Using compelling media and presentations is key to winning and keeping business with my clients," says Patrick Grady, managing partner at CMS Communications International, a marketing communications and event firm.
While face-to-face meetings will never go away, using online meetings such as WebEx is becoming a strategic asset for business people who need to do more with less. Something as simple as recording a WebEx can allow an executive to extend his or her reach with just a click.
Patrick spends a lot of time in meetings to move projects forward. To extend the life of the meeting, Patrick focuses on ways to be more effective and engaging.
Here are his top WebEx tips:
1. Engage your audiences in the first few seconds to grab their attention or you will lose them.
2. Don’t just rely on PowerPoint slides. Use compelling pre-recorded video and consider bringing other content and media into the meeting.
3. Use the whiteboard tool to brainstorm with participants and make them feel empowered to bring their ideas into and after the meeting.
4. Use the video option to see all participants not in the same room with you.
5. Use persuasive language, interesting examples and tell a story not just facts.
6. Record the meeting so that content be shared with others not in the meeting
7. Use the desktop sharing capability to share documents, discuss ideas, edit comments in real-time to move projects along quickly.
8. Consider location and the Internet connections to make sure the experience will not be compromised due to slow Internet connections.
Have a story you'd like to tell about your experience with WebEx, let us know. We are always interested in featuring customer doing creative things with WebEx.